KERALA CEE 2014 EXAM
The Commissioner of entrance exam of KEAM will conduct Kerala CEE 2014 exam on 21 & 22 April 2014. The engineering entrance exam is a state level exam conducted on behalf of all the engineering colleges present in Kerala state and can be given by the candidates who fall in the eligibility criteria set by the exam authority and by those applicants who are interested in taking up engineering as a field to study at their undergraduate level. The candidates will be granted admission on the basis, of merit where the marks obtained by the candidates in the Kerala CEE entrance exam and in class XIIth exam, which is also the qualifying exam will be equal contributor of the merit list.
KERALA CEE 2014 – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility is an important aspect of the exam and it has to be qualified by every candidate who aspires to appear for the exam:
• As far as the nativity of the candidate is concerned, the student must be of Indian origin or overseas citizen of India (OCI).
• The applicants will be segregated in categories: Keralite, Non- Keralite (category I) and Non- Keralite (Category II).
• As per the rule of Kerala CEE 2014 eligibility criteria there will not be any special reservation, physical disability or any community reservation
• The candidates must have attained the age of 17 years by December 2014
• The interested applicant must have minimum of 50% marks in Maths separately and 50% marks in Physics, Maths, Computer science or chemistry in Kerala HSC. ALTERNATIVELY, the applicant must have diploma of three years with 50% marks.
Following is the compulsory reservation made by the authority in Kerala CEE 2014 exam:
• State Merit will hold 64% reservation.
• Socially and economically backward classes are granted 26% reservation.
• The candidates of Ezhava, Muslim and Hindu backward classes will be given 9%, 8%, 5% reservation respectively.
• The scheduled tribe (ST) and scheduled caste (SC) holds 2% and 8% reservation respectively.
• The Latin catholic, Kudumbi and backward Christian class is given 2%, 1%, 1% reservation respectively by the authorities.